Sunday, January 4, 2009

Last words before landing in Africa

This is it! I'm 1h away from boarding on the flight that will take me to Uganda. After months of preparation, imagining what it will look like, trying to come up with all 'what if this goes wrong' possible, I'm finally a few hours away from the real thing. Coming all the way from San Francisco, by the time I land in Entebbe I will have spent 22h on planes in less than 48h. Not bad.  

Everything is packed and checked-in but I still think I forgot something. We'll see. I believe in improvisation. I believe it is a valuable skill in Uganda. Or at least that's what they say there.

If nothing goes wrong, and that's something I don't take for granted, the team will be together Sunday evening at the Mosa Court Apartments in Kampala. And Monday morning we'll head to Mbarara in the Southwest. The rest we'll see. There is more to come and we'll post it here.

Sunday, January 4th, the Office will be settled in Uganda.

No comments: